PDA

View Full Version : Mumbai dairy

phuc_huynh
30-07-2013, 03:48
It have been 20 days abroad and 16 days in India and things are pretty much chaos ....There is a mixed feeling everyday and Im pretty sure it not gonna stop for the next 5 weeks

4 days in Bangkok and Pattaya is just out of my imagination.Everything amaze me.... people, the BTS,MRT system, shopping mall, night market, red light street, couchsurfing host, ... But i will get back later because u know... When I have more time

My first day in India was great regardless 5 hours long flight, 4 hours of waiting and staving because I forgot exchange money. Right after check in in Suvarnabhumi Airport, I realized there are only 5 foreigner on the plane and of course there is only one Vietnamese boy, yup.... that's me. When I arrived in New Delhi, things are changed 180 degree, if I havent come to Bangkok first, I might not have that much shocks....

This is how I feel about Mumbai, the city I will stick with in the next 5 weeks

India definitely in the top list for retaining the culture.People wear their traditional dress everywhere....And trust me, u can not walking in the street for 5 minutes without seeing Saris, Dhoti, Lungi or whatever its name... I hear a lot people said that in India, garbage dump is everywhere, but in my own opinion after observation , people living in garbage dump is more correct when describe about India.... Crows, dogs, pigs, cow, people,garbage, living together making Mumbai unlike any city I have visited before.... And somehow i start enjoying this city

For me, intern life is absolutely amazing, I live in the house with 9 other Eps from 9 different countries with 9 different life style.... Haha, international house, sound fun, isnt it:))...we have so much fun together, there is some good point i have learnt from my roommate
"We work everyday so we have to party everyday"- I learn this one when asking why u guys party on monday :))... and so much more i will shared in the next post

The fact is I come to India for social project, to do something to help the society. And yes, Aiesec in Mumbai cancel my project in the last minute just right before my flight to India 1 day, and I never actually meet my TN manager for 1 second since I got here. But that's it, no more time for aiesec in Mumbai.
Everyday, I go to work with my 2 roommate in a charity class with 40-45 kids from 2-7, what we do is really simple, teaching basic English and play with them.....I love kids, I love the way they look at u, the way they smile, the way they try to hug u and the fact that we r actually doing something to help the society no matter how tiny it is....the feeling of impacting society in positive way just so great, I feel good about myself, that point keeping me from falling ... Beside of teaching, I have another project in communication field, to be honest I didnt like it at all, but I will stick with it because I know sometimes, something u dont like can teach u more than things u liked......

I miss my family, my mom, my dad,my sister, my grandma, my aunt, my little cousin,my friends so much.... I promise will spent more time with u when I get back home, for sure

It been awhile and I know i didnt treat u right, I hope u have forgave me, I really want to talk to u....just send me ur number(to TK)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/970118_691068034243676_1460805948_n.jpg

To be continued....